Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I don't jump in the puddles anymore
I stand on the fringes , stick my big toe in and shudder at the chill
the fear, the danger, the inconveince of wet socks
I don't dream anymore
Jump under cover, quickly press my eyes shut, a quick prayer that tomorrow will be
better,that tommorow will be new , before thoughts steal precious sleep...
I don't watch anymore
I follow the cracks and lines in the sidewalks and streets to my final destination ,
from fear of being found out, from other seeing through the fasade..
I dont twirl my hair anymore
keep hands down , draw no attention to me
I dont speak anymore
I silenty stand by , voice gets caught in the nets of timidity , clogged up in the back of my throat
I cant see anymore
Struggle for perspective , mountains block much needed light, wanting to fly
I keep trying ,
and I keep falling ........

3 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Mr. Burns said...

Quote from Rachel's "about me" section:

"i like chasing sunlight, singing loud,writing poems,songs, spoken word, talking in diffrent tonal variations,smiling..."

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Ren D'Auria said...

sounds familiar!
:)
love you

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger toomanywhatifs said...

why?? what happened??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home