Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Have you ever been afraid to go to sleep at night?
Not because of a fear of the dark , or a childhood fear that there is a frightful monster ,or whatever creature your imangination created, under your bed or in your closest.
But from fear of facing reality.
Its late and i should be going to bed , now, and im tired really.
But i fear if if sleep , i must face the reality , that what happened today really happened.
That time will and shall continue to move in .
I fear that the day has ended, and my cries for comfort and help have not thus been answered.
I fear the silence that will ensue once i shut of my lights and have to lay down to attempt to fall asleep.
The pain that will arise , the tears that will fall , the sting of hope that has been dashed.
I want not to wake up in the morning and find that today was not a dream , that sleep brought deep sorrow no comfort.
So let me stay awake all night , futiley avoiding the breaking of the day , as if the sun wont rise, as if its faithfulness is contingent on anything else but the very character of you ,God.
i thought , i thought my heart was satisfied with everyhthing that God was for me in Jesus CHrist.
i thought i trusted ......

3 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you rachel! lets hang out soon and talk about this so called life we are living in
lauren

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger jenN said...

mmm...bedtime. bedtime is when our brain starts processing all that stuff that happened or (unfortunately) did not happen or was thought about or was not thought about...during the day..when we're able to ignore all that. dangerous times, those bedtimes. I think it was ultimately bedtime that led me to Christ. can't make my brain shut up at bedtime.

i miss you.

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am greatly enjoying the thoughts and life revalations that you are choosing to share with the world...and the world is watching...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home