Wednesday, January 19, 2005

:after a Tropical souL nIGht:

I am using this pen
to speak a word to my African- American men
For i can no longer hide the frustration with in .
DOnt worry i will not be berating or pouring out my disdain upon you
This is just a simple letter of desire from me to you .
And as i pin desire grips and grabs my heart within .
Caught in the chasm between my heart and the back of my throat
threatening to come out
as my mind shouts,
my Brother , my adam
i dare to call you
to something higher and true
from the weak subsistency
of the uneternal things of this world
that has caught your gaze
that has caught your mind
that has trapped your soul
see , i dont even call you back to me
I yearn not for you to worship me ,
for that would be idolatry
My dream for you is to walk in who you are called to be
And i will even take joy in you walking away from me
in hopes of the true man that would return
that we have both yet to see..
My brother ive realized
that my utter need does not lay in you
For you could never fill this God-shaped void
but yet you are my desire
Therefore i wont be needing or asking much of you
Yet i face the truth that i have been left uncompletely complete without you
As i hear wisdom whisper in the wind
As she calls out on hilltops
to a higher reality
then what you see
then what you are yet to believe
and i hope you can percieve
and humbly recieve
a wisdom that man could never concieve
For i wont measure your worth
by the amount of things you own
i want not what you can buy for me
things useless in eternity
nor will i measure your love
in just fading words
what i ask of you
is
integrity
honesty
and chivalry
A stength of old , lost in the rubble of a once strong identity
thE wARRIOR , that is within you
is what yet calls to me
So my black knight of honour
I am yet awaiting in this tower
until You rise UP
until you shake off the dust
of a society
that has attempted to strip your masculinity
that has attempted to disgrace your beauty
i will be awaiting here
until you slay the enemies
that has hidden me
in attempt to strip my own identity
so i hope these words hit home
and settle among the dust
to awaken you
ANeW
so I will wait in expectancy
for the African-ameriCan men
i have yet to see.



1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Mr. Burns said...

Rachel... that was really, really great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home